All cookies are stored on your computer with an expiration time. If these expire when you leave the web, they are called session cookies, if however, they have a longer expiry, then they are called persistent cookies.
An example of the use of a session cookie would be where you make an online purchase. A cookie is sent when you select a product for purchase. With this cookie on your computer the web can read it and recognise that you want this product and add it to your shopping cart. Without this cookie the web will not be able to distinguish you from any other visitor. Once the process is complete, the cookie will be deleted from your computer.
An example of a persistent cookie: An online shop that sees that you are interested in one of its products could send a cookie with this data: this visitor is interested in my range of autoflowering seeds, and with the cookie installed, show advertising banners over the following days with information on those types of products.
- Technical Cookies are those essential in allowing a user to navigate around a web page, such as those that enable you to store data of an online order.
- Customised Cookies: This type allow you to customise the functions or contents of the website based on the data obtained by the browser. Through these cookies we can offer a website in the language of the browser used to visit the web.
- Analytical Cookies: These are used for statistical purposes only. A clear example of these is the cookies generated for Google Analytics tracking script.
- Advertising and advertising behavioural cookies are those aiming to improve the effectiveness of advertising spaces. Thus, Google’s advertising network or adservers use this type of technology in order to offer the desired service to their customers.
In some cases, we share information about visitors of this site either anonymously or aggregate with third parties such as advertisers, sponsors or auditors for the sole purpose of improving our services. All these processing tasks will be regulated according to the law, and all rights in the field of data protection in accordance to current regulations will be respected.
- Google (Analytics): Política de Privacidad de Google Analytics
This site also stores session cookies to identify the user during the purchasing process. These session cookies have a life of 30 minutes.
Users who do not wish to receive cookies or who want to be informed before they are stored on your computer may set their browser accordingly.
Most of the browsers today allow the management of cookies in three different ways:
- Cookies are never accepted.
- The browser asks the user if each cookie must be accepted.
- Cookies are always accepted.
The browser can also offer the possibility of defining more clearly which cookies can be accepted and those that cannot. In particular, the user can usually accept one of the following options:
- Reject the cookies from certain domains.
- Reject the cookies from third parties.
- Accept non-persistent cookies (these are deleted when you exit the browser).
- Allow the server to create cookies for a different domain.